Saturday, December 28, 2013

"The Joy of the Cross"

                                                   The Joy of the Cross listed on Etsy

I created this cross about 4 years ago.  At the time I had little space set up in my apartment.  Actually it was in my little kitchen.   Since I spend a lot of time in the kitchen as most moms do, I would walk back and forth adding this and that until I called it finished.  I kind of liked working in this method because I could work in spurts.
Okay, so let me get to the real deal on this painting.
I made this while my niece was being treated for brain cancer.  It helped a little.
Lessons learned-
*Cancer is a monster
*My sister is an amazing woman
*Jacqueline is her mother's daughter
*I love my family and am more blessed than I realized
*There is still Joy

John 16:22 - "Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.".
(Jesus was talking about himself but you get the idea!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment