Saturday, December 28, 2013

I Must Remember Who I AM





I feel like Christmas time and the coming new Year is a time for self-reflection, as many people do.  Questions like "How am I doing Lord?" and "What do you want me to work on this year?" are on my mind.  It's not about weight or exercise or that sort of thing this year.  It's more about how I am doing in my relationships with family, friends and God.   I guess its because of everything my family has been through with the loss of my precious niece.  The other stuff just doesn't seem to matter so much anymore. So while working on this painting, I was half watching EWTN.  I didn't catch the priest's name, but he was talking about how God sees us as He intends for us to be; He sees us as if we have become the person He wishes for us to be.  I don't know that I am explaining it clearly and I wish I wrote down what he said exactly.  What I got out of it was that God has high hopes for us.  And I really like that!  It makes me feel hopeful.  And he ended his little talk with the quote on this painting. " I must remember who I am, a child of God, destined for Glory!"

No comments:

Post a Comment